The Snelflight Ghost is a fully-featured camera ship suitable for hobby use or light commercial aerial work. It is capable of producing outstanding video footage. The Ghost is fitted with the state-of-the-art DJI Naza M V2 flight controller, as used in market leading machines such as the Phantom 2. The Ghost achieves equal or superior performance and flight times while offering a significant cost saving. Components purchased together will come installed, tested and ready to operate.
This video shows a detailed independent review of the Ghost.
This video shows a short Ghost test flight at a height of around 100 feet. The aircraft legs are deliberately left in view so that the effectiveness of the gimbal can be seen. Higher quality versions may be downloaded from Youtube, but please note that the original is better still.
This video shows a Ghost flight to look at the roof of our house. Once again the aircraft legs are visible so that the gimbal action can be seen – wind speed was around 7 – 8 mph. Higher quality versions may be downloaded from Youtube.
Features and Benefits
- State-of-the-art flight performance, with self-levelling, GPS auto-hover and failsafe return-to-home modes selectable from the control transmitter.
- Delivered fully-assembled and ready to operate.
- Best-in-class flight times up to 15 minutes with full payload.
- Wide undercarriage for extra stability during take-off and landing.
- Remote control camera tilt
- Generous 50mm ground clearance below the camera.
- Modular design – the payload system attaches to the aircraft with just four screws and two electrical cables, for easy servicing.
- Inexpensive, standard flight batteries.
- After-sales support among the best in the industry.
- Full spares support.
- Made in the UK.
- Comprehensive, plain English, full-colour manual.
The Ghost system comprises all the equipment required for aerial photography:
- Brushless Camera Gimbal: This device keeps the camera rock-steady as the aircraft pitches and rolls in flight. It is machined from solid aluminium, with a versatile camera mounting plate which is compatible with a variety of small video cameras. It comes mounted on a carbon fibre base which carries all the other video components pre-fitted and wired into one neat package.
- SJ5000+ Camera: This well-respected camera offers superb 1080p HD video recording at 60 frames per second. Additionally it has a built-in LCD colour screen for reviewing recordings, HDMI output and interchangeable battery. When installed on the Ghost it receives continuous re-charging, so that it is rarely necessary to worry about running out of power. The camera’s status can be monitored remotely during flight.
- 5.8GHz Video Downlink Module: This device transmits a live video feed from the camera, for remote viewing on the system monitor. It can comfortably transmit hundreds of metres.
- On-Screen Display Module: This device overlays a continuous display of the flight battery voltage onto the corner of the transmitted video image (not the recorded one), so that you always know whether it’s safe to continue flying.
- Video Monitor: This lightweight unit receives and displays the transmitted video image from the aircraft. It features dual antennas for optimum reception, and has a built-in rechargeable battery which provides about an hour’s operating time.
- Flight Battery Charger: This compact and straightforward unit plugs directly into the AC mains, and charges the aircraft’s flight battery in around 90 minutes.
|Fully loaded weight||1400g|
|Fully loaded flight time||14 minutes|
|Battery||5000mAh 3S LiPo|
|Battery Charger||5A mains-powered|
|Motors||4 x 2212, 980KV|
|Flight modes||GPS auto-hover, Attitude only, return to home|
|Flight Controller||DJI Naza M V2|
|Telemetry (OSD)||Battery voltage only|
|Camera gimbal||2-axis brushless, configurable|
|Maximum resolution||1080p, 60fps|
|Monitor||RX-LCD5802, 7″, built in RX and rechargeable battery|
|Resolution||800 x 480|